Tuesday 21 October 2008

I'm alive

I feel a lot more positive about life today, despite being turned down for another job! I feel alive, I went for a long walk along the beach and took deep breaths and just realised how lucky I am to be here.

I know it sounds cheesey but it worked!!

I also heard from my Mum today, shes been on holiday since Saturday and that made me feel a lot better, just hearing her voice made me feel safe and looked after. I also went to see my grandparents today. My Dad was their only son, and I think the worst thing I had to do when my Dad died was break the news to them. At their age they shouldn't have to even contemplate losing their only child. I was convinced the shock could have killed them, however they have become stronger and provide me with a great source of comfort. Having somewhere to go where I'm reminded of my Dad helps because it feels like he's still here with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand the insanity of having to tell your father's parents that they survived him. I faced the same thing with my grandmother. She's now survived all 3 of her daughters. It's just so absurd. But for me, there is also comfort in having that connection to my mother through her.